The Fire and the old guy

Last year the old boy upstairs fell asleep smoking a cigarette, not good! As the horse-hair chair he was sitting in went up in flames. His flat burned and was gutted by the fire. He isn’t directly above me thank god, but there was a girl above me who was pregnant at the time. She was in shock.

I was out in the street opposite my place looking at the flames appear in the window, I got out my phone and started to record the event.

There is talk on the news about cutting the services, that there isn’t enough police, fire fighters, ambulances. But in my road there was three fire engines and one more round the corner. Six police cars and two ambulances. There was even a helicopter that airlifted the old boy to the hospital.

What I didn’t really know about this guy, who’s name is Steve, is that people told me he isn’t a very nice person. He seemed okay to me when I first moved to the area, but here is the story.

He use to work for the church as an organist and from some reports I heard that he is gay. That he was interested in the young boys in the church. And he drank about a pint of gin a day. This guy is in his late 70s and he had boys over who were in their 20s!! One guy, who has been in and out of prison came over regularly to him.

What he did upstairs was his own business, but then I heard this one guy would constantly abuse the old man, beat him up, steal all his money and his pension money.

This led Steve down this dark path, only to loose his memory among other graces and now he sits in a care home not knowing who he is and he still gets visited by this kid. Who most likely has other motives than caring for him.

The couple who lived directly above me said he would leave the gas on, his place was filthy and there was bed bugs! I really wouldn’t want him back here so that never happens again.

This all happened in April last year, in December the young couple now have a baby girl and the guy told me in December they aren’t returning to their flat, soon as all the works are done by the insurance company they will sell the place.

I am sitting here now with one guy working on the front door, which the one of the fire fighters did a fair bit of damage too, even know none of the fire touch my place!

I just hope the old guy doesn’t return and the council use some common sense.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s